Which Littmann stethoscope

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Promotion] Which Littmann stethoscope

I'm going to buy a Littmann stethoscope but I'm undecided, the cost is not a problem.
    I consider 4 models: classic II , master classic II, master classic II for veterinary, cardiology III.
    The first thing that I would like to know is if it's really necessary a small diaphragm to auscultate very small or thin animals (dogs or cats). I'm not a cardiologist but I want to buy a very good stethoscope that can survive to many years of practice.

The second thing is if it's more comfortable the master classic II than the mcII veterinary,I think that the only difference is a 10cm longer tube but is this usefull or not?

To moderators: I have been obliged to insert the prefix Promotion because otherwise I couldn't post the thread.

Hi there
    I would not spend my money on cardiology 3 as it is mainly for the experienced cardiologists
    if ur a GP u just need littmann 2
    that is my opinion anyway

regards

Comment

In Sweden I bought what was described and sold as Veterinary Stethoscope for Small Animals and I recieved a Littmann Pediatric. Was unsure at first but now I think it is really good.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by abusiddiq2008 View Post
        Hi there
        I would not spend my money on cardiology 3 as it is mainly for the experienced cardiologists
        if ur a GP u just need littmann 2
        that is my opinion anyway
        regards
        But can be useful the extra 10cm for master classic II for veterinary or not?
        The advantage of cardiology iii is that it has two extra years of warranty, so if the price difference between masterclassic II and cardiology is only 30 euro I thought that could be better to take the last one.

Comment

Hello dear Ossian,

My suggestion is to get a Master Cardio - perfect for the general practice and the best, of course, for the cardio clinics.

For large animal I prefer Hauptner, but Master Cardio ( Cardio III ) is also perfect.

But see, if you search for veterinary models, so you should try Hauptner.
          - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum -

Comment

Originally posted by ossian View Post
            I'm going to buy a Littmann stethoscope but I'm undecided, the cost is not a problem.
            I consider 4 models: classic II , master classic II, master classic II for veterinary, cardiology III.
            The first thing that I would like to know is if it's really necessary a small diaphragm to auscultate very small or thin animals (dogs or cats). I'm not a cardiologist but I want to buy a very good stethoscope that can survive to many years of practice.

The second thing is if it's more comfortable the master classic II than the mcII veterinary,I think that the only difference is a 10cm longer tube but is this usefull or not?

To moderators: I have been obliged to insert the prefix Promotion because otherwise I couldn't post the thread.

Plz tell me the price of this stetoscopses . i m interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber View Post
              Hello dear Ossian,

My suggestion is to get a Master Cardio - perfect for the general practice and the best, of course, for the cardio clinics.

For large animal I prefer Hauptner, but Master Cardio ( Cardio III ) is also perfect.

But see, if you search for veterinary models, so you should try Hauptner.
              Thanks for the suggestion, however master cardiology and cardiology iii are 2 different models.

drbourgelat11 I will buy the stethoscope in USA so I get a good price with the chance dollar-euro, so the prices are 100 euro for master classic 2 and 130 for cardiology III, shipping included
              Last edited by ossian; 19th September 2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Re: Which Littmann stethoscope

My friend bought the Littmans Cardiology III and it is great. It has the dual head (can use the pediatric head for kittens/cats and puppies and the large head for everything else). He ordered a 27 inch which is kind of the middle length for both large and small animal.

You might want to check out stethoscope.com, this is where he ordered his from and they seem to have pretty good prices.

Comment

I have a really cheap non-litmann and I really regret purchasing it. Ill soon be getting a classic and veterinary. One for small animals and one for large animals.
                  Last edited by indigenous; 31st January 2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                    If your not into cardiology, you may want to chose a cheaper option. I've been using Classic II with birds (100 g - 10 kg) and works fine for general diagnosis and monitoring.

Comment

I have both the Master cardiology and the veterinary (master classic II). The master Cardiology is excellent for ausculting murmurs, but I find the drumpiece too sensitive for me when doing general physical exams - particularly on large animals. It is very senesitive to the amount of pressure placed and I am just not gentle enough for it. The Veterinary steth. is just lovely - I appreciate the extra length when working with LA's and I have had no problem ausculting a wide range of things. I am considering selling my Master Cardio now that I have become comfortable with this one.

Comment

I have a Master Cardiology and love it. Apart from anything else it's soo comofortable to use (but it is quite heavy to wear around the neck). I can hear things with it that I just can't hear with other stethoscopes.

Comment

are the hauptner stethoscope(metalic diaphragm one) good for equine practice? or small animal use?
                          http://www.anestesia.vet.br/ - Anesthesia Forum

Animals suffer and feel pain < remember this

Comment

Hello.

In my humble opinion, Hauptner is the best one, and for both groups - small and large animals.
                            Developed by Vets and for Vets.

I have 2 Hauptner and 1 Littmann Master Cardio. And after 15 years+ I can tell you Hauptner is one step ahead, for sure !
                            Last edited by Clubber; 7th February 2012, 11:46 AM.
                            - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum -

Comment

the pediatric one is the best

Comment

Working...
                              X